|Outbound Travel Alert (OTA) Benefits
applicable to TravelEase (Round-trip) only
AIG1 especially offers the OTA Benefits to ensure AIG Travel Insurance customers “Travel More. Worry Less”!
The Security Bureau has implemented the Outbound Travel Alert (OTA) System on October 20, 2009. OTA System, which uses amber, red and black to differentiate among the three levels of risk, aims to provide information on 85 popular travel destinations for Hong Kong residents currently. For details of countries covered by OTA System and related information, please visit the Security Bureau website.
Schedule of Benefits - Outbound Travel Alert ("OTA")
|Outbound Travel Alert
||Red Alert cover
||Black Alert cover
|Benefits payable for Trip Cancellation
due to the relevant OTA
|50% of the Loss
||100% of the Loss
|Benefits payable for Trip Curtailment
due to the relevant OTA
|50% of the Forfeited Amount
||100% of Forfeited Amount
* Capitalised terms used above shall have the same meanings as those defined hereinafter and in the policy wording.
Outbound Travel Alert Coverage Benefits 2,3
If the Security Bureau issues a “Red or Black Alert” (7) days before departure or during the Journey, AIG shall reimburse the Insured Person in accordance with the following “Trip Cancellation” and “Trip Curtailment” coverage.
Outbound Travel Alert Coverage Benefits
If the Government of Hong Kong issues a Red Alert or Black Alert in accordance with the Outbound Travel Alert System advising Hong Kong travelers to avoid non-essential travel or all travel to a city, location or country that is included in the Insured Person’s original Journey itinerary, then provided that the event giving rise to the Outbound Travel Alert (“OTA”) being issued prevents the Insured Person from commencing or continuing the planned Journey, the Company shall provide cover for the following :
a. Trip Cancellation
AIG shall reimburse the Insured Person according to the Schedule of Benefits – Outbound Travel Alert as stated in this Travel Insurance Endorsement and up to the Maximum Benefit stated in Section 3a “Trip Cancellation” of the Schedule of Benefits in the Policy, for loss of Hong Kong Airlines ticket fare paid in advance by the Insured Person and for which the Insured Person is legally liable to pay and which are not recoverable from any other source (collectively, the “Loss”) consequent upon the cancellation of the insured Journey.
Provided that the insured Journey must be cancelled a) as a direct result of the event giving rise to the OTA ; and b) within seven (7) days immediately prior to the scheduled departure of the insured Journey.
b. Trip Curtailment
AIG shall reimburse the Insured Person according to the Schedule of Benefits – Outbound Travel Alert as stated in this Travel Insurance Endorsement and up to the Maximum Benefit stated in Section “Trip Curtailment” of the Schedule of Benefits in the Policy for:
- the amount of forfeited Hong Kong Airlines ticket fare of the insured Journey (collectively, the “Forfeited Amount”) if as a direct result of the event giving rise to the OTA, the Insured Person had to cut short the insured Journey whilst outside Hong Kong territories and immediately return to Hong Kong .
Conditions applicable to all benefits in Outbound Travel Alert Coverage:
1. The Insured Person is only permitted to claim once during the Period of Insurance for any one of the following benefits arising from the same cause:
a) Outbound Travel Alert Cover; or
b) Trip Cancellation and Interruption.
2. The Red Alert cover is effective only if the insurance is purchased before the announcement or issuance of the Red Alert or Black Alert under the Outbound Travel Alert System.
3. The Black Alert cover is effective only if the insurance is purchased before the announcement of issuance of the Black Alert under the Outbound Travel Alert System.
4. General Conditions are applied.
Exclusions applicable to all sections in Outbound Travel Alert Coverage
1. Exclusions applicable to "Trip Cancellation and General Exclusions applicable to All Sections of the Policy shall apply to the cover under Outbound Travel Alert coverage
2. AIG will not pay under this Travel Insurance Endorsement for claims arising directly or indirectly out of:
a. nuclear explosion including all effects thereof or radioactive contamination caused by ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste caused by the combustion and/or ongoing combustion of nuclear fuel; or the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear equipment or component thereof; or
b. the dispersal or application of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials; or the release of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials.
General Exclusions applicable to All Sections of Coverage include 4 :
- Excluded Countries: Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan or Syria
- War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power
- Any loss arising from Terrorist Act (except for certain sections of the Policy>
- Any Terrorist or member of a terrorist organization, narcotics trafficker, or purveyor of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons
- Riding or driving in any kind of motor racing, competition, professional sports in return for remuneration; suicide, self-inflicted injury, AIDS or sexually transmitted disease, pregnancy, childbirth, mental nervous/sleeping disorders, alcoholism, drug addiction , any pre-existing condition, congenital and heredity condition
1. AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited (“AIG”)
2. According to the Security Bureau, OTA system is not applicable to Mainland China, Taiwan and Macau.
3. For details of “Outbound Travel Alert Coverage”, please refer to the relevant Terms and Conditions of the actual policy.
4. This is only a summary of the general exclusion, details of the full terms of the exclusion, please refer to the Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions of relevant policy.
This webpage provides only a summary of the policy benefits. Actual coverage provided shall be subject to the terms and conditions and exclusions of the policy. For any enquiries, please contact AIG Customer Service Hotline at (852) 3666 7025.